Saturday 2 October 2010

Community Computer Care

Back in June this year I attended a volunteering placement with Community Computer Care (ccc Ltd)
to help further build on my future goals to which Kelly and Jon found the placement for me,over the course attending at CCC I pick up a lot about understanding PC Building and PC Maintenance, to which has help me further build my motivation and confidence levels.

Since being involved with CCC my motivation and confidence levels have improved hugely,due to the friends I have at CCC supporting me in rebuilding my future they have let me interlock in the development of CCC by allowing me to pass new ideas that I have that I thought would not be of any use, due to lack of confidence in speaking out about new ideas and the progress of development.

Through the development of CCC I have done many new things, like helping setting up a trial work shop for the community so that they can take part in. I also taken part in helping to teach the work shops with my fellow friends, that was running for 4 weeks at CCC the feed back we had for the work shops was outstanding.  Everyone liked the work shops that CCC had put on, and this brought a new progress development to think about for the future.

Over the duration of my time at CCC my motivation /confidence was starting to show through.

Since being on placement with CCC I have been nominated to take on a position as a company director in order to helping the business to grow and develop within the community. This has further inspired me to push past my old limitations and set newer, more ambitious goals for myself and my future, not only as part of CCC but as a person acting for myself and my family.


Personal Note (A Big Step In Life)

The Community Computer Care had a big part in the development of rebuilding to my future, to which I  wouldn't be in the progress where I am now if it wasn't for them allowing me to attend at CCC.


Some of the skills I have learned are as follows:

* PC building
* Software installation
* Programming and software engineering
* PC maintenance
* Working as part of a team
* Understanding the processed behind the set up of a new business
* Teaching others how to build a PC from scratch too other community members

No comments:

Post a Comment