Friday 1 October 2010

Maerdy Tenants & Residents Committee

Back in 2007 the Tenants of (Rha) Rhondda Housing Association set up Committee so that we could bring the community closer together by working together, so that all ages can enjoy the activities and trips, that was beaning set up  by the newly formed committee, I taken the role of treasurer to manage the books as im good with managing money, but when I was given all the paper work to keep records of all the expenditure, I felt,  I was thrown in at the deep end.  As I never done bookkeeping before, so I attended a work shop to understand the basics of bookkeeping, so that I can implement what I was shown, I have been a treasurer for the committee for 3 years and this year I stept down so that someone else could have a go of being a treasurer as we try to stept down from our roles to give other committee and non-committee members a chance to take on other role's, as there was no one suitable for the role I was voted back as the treasurer for another year,

Personal Note (How Did This Help Me)

This was my very first building block into turning my life around, I started to put my self out there to be seen and heard in the community. I now have a basic skill of bookkeeping to which I have implanted into my daily life, when it come to spending money you could say i have started to look at what I can buy and what I can't buy but I don't let that get to me or put me down as money isn't every thing,

No comments:

Post a Comment